WHO WE ARE
A Thero is someone who knows how to connect people to the right resource at the right time. Our nonprofit is on a mission to make it easy to find the right mental health resource.
WHY WE CARE
more people than war and natural disaster combined.
of people who say they need help will seek it.
7 - 10 Years
is the average time it takes for people to get help.
We built he first free and comprehensive mental health resource directory. It has over 22,000 resources and features that empower you to verify licenses and credentials.
Paul Berry, Psy.D.
Paul is doctor of Clinical Psychology and Co-Founder and Executive Director for Thero.org. He has a passion for helping people overcome anxiety and improving how people find mental health resources.
Carmen Goojha, MD
Dr Goojha is on the Board of Directors for Thero.org. She is a board certified Family Medicine Physician and Acupuncturist. She trains medical doctors on how to build rapport with patients and is passionate about integrating physical and mental health services.
Erika Nilson, BS
Erika is Chief Operations Officer for Thero.org. She has a background in technology, customer service, and biology. She is a Consultant focusing on efficiency and project management.
Robert Eggers, MBA
Robert is on the Board of Directors for Thero.org. He has worked for IBM as a software engineer and now does consulting work regarding SEO and web design. He is owner and managing partner for two companies and holds 10 different technology based patents.
Benjamin Bauer, MD
Dr. Bauer is on the Board of Directors at Thero.org. He is a board certified Family Medicine Physician and has trained doctors as a Professor of Family Medicine. He is dedicated to making it easy for doctors to refer patients and for the public to find mental health services.
Scott Gorman, JD
Scott Co-Founded Thero.org and is on the Board of Directors. He has a JD from the University of California, Berkeley Law School and is an officer in the US Army Reserves. He was Co-founder and Director of a Beijing-based consultancy and is currently finishing an MBA at Oxford University.
How do I use this FAQ more section?
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about our non-profit. Click on any of the questions to reveal the answer.
Have a question, but don’t see it on this list? Ask us a question by emailing email@example.com and we’ll give you an answer.
What is Thero?
Thero is a non-profit 501(c)(3), that is dedicated to making it easy to find mental health resources. We do this by maintaining a community for licensed treatment providers that is responsible for building the first comprehensive mental health resource directory in the United States.
It’s surprising, but the Thero Directory is the first to include therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clinics, hospitals, treatment centers, and organizations that provide crisis intervention, advocacy and peer support – all in one place.
Where does the name Thero come from? What does it mean?
Why should I join Thero?
If you’re a person or organization that provides mental health services a Thero Membership allows you to:
– Connect with colleagues in the Thero Community.
– Search for available referrals in the Thero Directory.
– Vet treatment providers so you can refer a client out with confidence.
– Get your private practice listed in the Thero Directory. We accept Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Counselors, and Medical Doctors.
– Get your mental health resource listed in the Thero Directory. We accept Clinics, Hospitals, Treatment Centers, Crisis Lines who offer support by phone, text message, or online chat and Advocacy Organizations.
How do I become a member?
The Thero.org community is for people who are licensed to provide mental health treatment or counseling. This includes therapists, psychologists, counselors, psychiatrists, and medical doctors. Collaborating in the community is free and always will be. To sign up hover over “For Providers” at the top right of any page and click on “SIGN UP“.
How are you different than other directories?
- It’s Free, and always will be. It’s free for therapists and clinics to list their business in our Directory. We make money by offering providers the option to upgrade their business listing and by offering other types of paid listings like mental health events.
- No advertising on the directory. It’s already hard enough to find the right mental health service. The public shouldn’t have to wade through ads while seeking help. We believe in a distraction-free search experience.
- We’re Comprehensive. Other directories have a few types of resources. We’re building a national directory of over 22,000 resources that includes therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clinics, hospitals, treatment centers, and organizations that provide crisis intervention, advocacy and support.
- We care about quality. We provide meaningful data about mental health resources so you can find the best option for you. For example, we make it easy to verify a treatment provider’s license and we allow the public to organize search results by what the providers think of resources.
- We’re collaborative. Directories require providers to fight for the public’s attention. Our online community helps licensed treatment providers collaborate and find the right clients that fit them best.
- We’re a non-profit. We believe it should be easy for the public to find the right resource and for providers to find their ideal clients. The money you spend at Thero.org is put back into our mission to improve the help-seeking process and reduce stigma.