We are Theros|therapists|patients|doctors|developers|writers|marketers|artists|entrepreneursA Thero is someone who knows how to connect the right person, to the right resource, at the right time. Our non-profit makes it easy to find mental health resources.
more people than war and natural disaster combined.
of people who say they need help will seek it.
7 - 10 Years
is the average time it takes for people to get help.
Our private community of providers is building the first comprehensive mental health resource directory. We have over 22,000 verified resources and the directory is growing daily. Surprisingly, nothing like us currently exists.
Paul Berry, Psy.D.
Paul is doctor of Clinical Psychology and Co-Founder and Executive Director for Thero.org. He has a passion for helping people overcome anxiety and improving how people find mental health resources.
Erika Nilson, BS
Erika is Chief Operations Officer for Thero.org. She has a background in technology, customer service, and biology. She is a Consultant focusing on efficiency and project management.
Michael Fink, MBA
Michael is a Co-Founder and Marketing Director for Thero.org. He has extensive experience in marketing strategies for clinics, hospitals and treatment centers and is passionate about stigma reduction.
Allan Schougaard, MA
Allan is interim Chief Technology Officer for Thero.org. He has over 15 years of experience in software development and worked at various tech companies, from startups to the Fortune 500.
Scott Gorman, JD
Scott Co-Founded Thero.org and is on the Board of Directors. He has a JD from the University of California, Berkeley Law School and is an officer in the US Army Reserves. He was Co-founder and Director of a Beijing-based consultancy and is currently finishing an MBA at Oxford University.
Benjamin Bauer, MD
Dr. Bauer is on the Board of Directors at Thero.org. He is a board certified Family Medicine Physician and has trained doctors as a Professor of Family Medicine. He is dedicated to making it easy for doctors to refer patients and for the public to find mental health services.
Carmen Goojha, MD
Dr Goojha is on the Board of Directors for Thero.org. She is a board certified Family Medicine Physician and Acupuncturist. She trains medical doctors on how to build rapport with patients and is passionate about integrating physical and mental health services.
Robert Eggers, MBA
Robert is on the Board of Directors for Thero.org. He has worked for IBM as a software engineer and now does consulting work regarding SEO and web design. He is owner and managing partner for two companies and holds 10 different technology based patents.
How do I use this FAQ more section?
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about our non-profit. Click on any of the questions to reveal the answer.
Have a question, but don't see it on this list? Ask us a question by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give you an answer.
What is Thero?
Thero is a non-profit 501(c)(3), that is dedicated to making it easy to find mental health resources. We do this by maintaining a directory of mental health resources. The Thero Directory has therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clinics, hospitals, treatment centers, and organizations that provide crisis intervention, advocacy and peer support.
Where does the name Thero come from? What does it mean?
Why should I join Thero?
If you're a person or organization that provides mental health services a Thero Membership allows you to:
- Connect with colleagues in the Thero Community.
- Search for available referrals in the Thero Directory.
- Vet treatment providers so you can refer a client out with confidence.
- Get your private practice listed in the Thero Directory. We accept Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Counselors, and Medical Doctors.
- Get your mental health resource listed in the Thero Directory. We accept Clinics, Hospitals, Treatment Centers, Crisis Lines who offer support by phone, text message, or online chat and Advocacy Organizations.
How do I become a member?
The Thero.org community is for people who are licensed to provide mental health treatment or counseling. This includes therapists, psychologists, counselors, psychiatrists, and medical doctors. Collaborating in the community is free and always will be. To sign up hover over "For Providers" at the top right of any page and click on "SIGN UP".
How are you different than other directories?
- We're collaborative. Directories are competitive by nature. We've built a private online Referral Network where licensed treatment providers can collaborate to refer clients. If people want to connect to more clients they can add their profile to the publicly searched directory for $24 per month.
- It's Free, and always will be. The standard membership is free. We're committed to syncing up the mental health field and making it easy for mental health providers to refer patients to each other.
- We're a non-profit. The money you spend at Thero.org is put back into our mission to improve the help-seeking process and reduce stigma. We believe it should be easy to find help and won't charge an arm and a leg to connect you to clients.
- No advertising on the directory. It's already hard enough to find mental health services. The public shouldn't have to wade through ads while seeking help. We believe in a distraction-free search experience.
- We're Comprehensive. Other directories have a few types of resources. We're building a national directory of therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clinics, hospitals, treatment centers, and organizations that provide crisis intervention, advocacy and support.