OverviewClinic & Center Description:
Sunstone is a Psychiatric Treatment Center operated by Navos. The center is located in a neighborhood in Burien, WA. Sunstone has 36 total beds and 12 of them are reserved for publicly funded (i.e. Medicaid CLIP ).
For young people with serious mental health issues like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and severe depression, intensive treatment at our Lake Burien residential facility may be necessary.
Residents stay in one of our six cottages and the average stay for inpatient treatment in the youth and young adult program is nine months. Young people receive therapy, family counseling if appropriate, help with school, and support with discharge planning when it’s time for them to graduate from the program.
CHILDREN’S LONG-TERM INPATIENT (CLIP)
CLIP is the most intensive inpatient psychiatric treatment available to WA State residents, ages 5-18 years of age. The program is a secure and highly structured setting designed to assess, treat and stabilize youth diagnosed with psychiatric and behavioral disorders. Individualized treatment is provided through the use of evidenced based practices designed to increase the youth’s skills and adaptive functioning with a focus on reintegration back into a community.Intake Process:
RESIDENTIAL INTAKE PROCESS:
Call 206-829-1145 to discuss the child's needs and whether they qualify for inpatient treatment.
CLIP INTAKE PROCESS:
Families should contact the local CLIP liaison to determine eligibility. Who your CLIP liaison is depends on your location and insurance. To find the contact information for your CLIP liaison visit http://clipadministration.org/Contacts/contacts.html and click on your child's health plan to see the correct liaison to call.
Once you contact your liaison and explain your child's situation they will help you and any local providers you're working with to explore options for placement in a CLIP location.
If you’re having trouble connecting with a liaison you can call 206-588-2985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questionsRequirements:
- 12 years and older
- Diagnosed with a severe psychiatric disorder such as serious mental health issues like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or severe depression or anxiety.
- Amerigroup or Private Insurance
- Client is voluntary or has Family Initiated Treatment
- Between the ages of 5-18
- Legal residents of Washington State
- Youth diagnosed with a severe psychiatric disorder
- Youth possessing a risk to themselves, others or is gravely disabled which warrants care under the supervision of a psychiatrist
- Community based mental health resources available in the community did not meet the treatment needs of the youth
- CLIP is funded by Federal and State Medicaid dollars. Private insurance and other income sources can be billed if applicable.
- Client is voluntary, involuntary, or has Family Initiated Treatment
Approaches to Therapy:
- Case Management
- Couples Therapy
- Crisis Intervention Team
- Diet and Exercise Counseling
- Education Services
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Housing Services
- Individual Therapy
- Psychiatric Beds
- Court-Ordered Outpatient Treatment
- Integrated Primary Care Services
- Screening for Tobacco Use
Tags: adults, Ally, Anxiety, Bisexual, Case Management, Children with Emotional Disturbance (ED), Children's Long-Term Inpatient Program (CLIP), CLIP, Co-occurring Disorders, Couples, Couples Therapy, Court-Ordered Outpatient Treatment, Court-Ordered, Court Referred, Crisis Intervention Team, Crisis Intervention, Depression, Diet and Exercise Counseling, Diet, Dual Diagnosis, Education Services, Emotional Disturbance, Exercise, Family Therapy, Gay, Group Therapy, Housing Services, Individual Therapy, Integrated Primary Care Services, Lesbian, LGBTQA, outpatient, Peer Support, Queer, residential, Screening for Tobacco Use, Teens, Transgender, trauma, and Young AdultsAges Accepted:
- Activity Therapy
- BMT (Behavior Modification Therapy)
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
AvailabilityCurrently Accepting Clients: YesNear Public Transportation?: YesTeletherapy:
Closest Bus/Train Stop:
SW 152nd St & 12th Ave SW
PaymentCurrently Accepting Health Insurance?: