OverviewCrisis Line Description:
The Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) are licensed mental health professionals called Designated Crisis Responders (DCR) who respond to mental health crises in the community (in homes, schools, jails, and hospitals). Our services are for people who are at risk of experiencing or are currently experiencing, a crisis due to a behavioral health issue in San Juan, Island, Skagit, and Whatcom County.
Our services include:
– Helping develop a plan to get through a current crisis
– Consulting with mental health professionals on crisis planning
– Assessing whether a higher level of care as needed (crisis triage, inpatient, involuntary treatment)
– Safety planning to manage future crises
– Scheduling urgent (next-day) appointments
– Follow up appointments
– Community outreach
– Coordinating linkages with local mental health resources;
– Enforcement of Least Restrictive Orders and Revocations of LRO’s.
To access this service, call VOA Crisis Response Services (the Care Crisis Line) at 1-800-584-3578. The phone line is open 24 hours a day 365 days a week. They will connect you with a mental health professional who will assess the situation by phone, make appropriate referrals, and/or dispatch the Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT).Languages: